How To Apply For A HomeStart Grant
By the time you reach this page you should know if you fit the eligibility criteria, but if you have not checked this yet you can CLICK HERE to check.
The next step is to download the KiwiSaver HomeStart Grant application form, complete the application fully following the instructions within the form and then submit your application with the supporting information to Housing New Zealand for approval.
You can CLICK HERE to access the KiwiSaver HomeStart Grant application form.
The Supporting Information Required
The following supporting documents are required to be submitted to Housing New Zealand with your KiwiSaver HomeStart Grant application;
- Proof of income – Proof of your total income earned in the last 12 months. If you are buying a house with others, then you need to provide confirmation of the income they have earned in the last 12 months also – CLICK HERE to see what is needed and how to get the information.
- KiwiSaver contribution statement – Transnational statement that shows all of your regular contributions made to your KiwiSaver scheme, complying fundor exempt employer scheme since you joined. Please note that a summary showing the total money contributed is unacceptable, but if you CLICK HERE we will show you how to obtain the documents required for assessment.
- Identification – A photocopy of your passport, birth certificate or driver’s licence in the name you are applying along with something addressed to you at your home address (bank statement or utility bill)
- Copies of pay slips for the last two months
- Signed copy of an agreement for sale and purchase, a fixed price building contract or a contract with a builder/developer for a yet to be built property, if applicable (not required for a pre-approval)
- Evidence that you have a deposit of at least 10% of the purchase price, if applicable (not required for a pre-approval)
- A proposed settlement date/grant payment date at least four weeks away if applicable (not required for a pre-approval)
Housing New Zealand requires at least 4 weeks/20 working days from receiving an application through to paying out the HomeStart grant. Also, please ensure that, if you are applying for the grant in order to meet the financial conditions of your agreement for sale and purchase, you do so at least 10 working days prior to the unconditional date.
Applications that do not provide the required four weeks’ notice may not be accepted and therefore the HomeStart grant may not be paid out.
The HomeStart grant will not be paid out after settlement has occurred.
Submit To Housing New Zealand
It is advisable to submit your application to Housing New Zealand as early as possible and getting a pre-approval is a good idea.
Your application and supporting documents should be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post your application to;
KiwiSaver Home Ownership Assistance
Housing New Zealand
Private Bag 76913
Remember that if you post your application to Housing New Zealand there could be a delay with mail and as they state they require at least 4 weeks/20 working days from receiving an application – scanning and emailing is the preference and at The Mortgage Supply Company your mortgage adviser can assist with this.